Each person throws away 1 pound of produce a day so if you have over ripe bananas its the perfect time to make Banana Bread! You can also cut them up and freeze them to save them for smoothies and other recipes.
I love this one bowl recipe to make banana bread with just 7-9 ingredients! And it takes very little time to make the mixture. I would say 10 minutes and then 50 minutes to cook.
RECIPE: Banana Bread
- Grab mixing bowl for all ingredients
- You will need a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan (greased)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees (F)
- 2-3 over ripe bananas- Mash them until they are smooth. I like a to leave a few lumps
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter- Add melted butter to the mashed bananas
- 1 Egg beaten- Add to existing mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda- Add to existing mixture
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract- Add to existing mixture
- Cinnamon – Optional to taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar- Add to the existing mixture
- 1 + 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour – I like to add a 1/2 cup at a time to fold it in
Note I have added items in various orders and it turns out fine. This is just typically the order that I add them to the bowl. Now you are ready to pour this into your loaf pan.
Every ingredient came from Replenish Grocers to make this delicious Banana Bread!
Place in the oven for 50 minutes at 350 degrees
Let it cool and then enjoy!