What is a Spaghetti Squash any way and how do you cook it?
We haven’t been this excited about a new produce item in quite some time. Just in!
We have Spaghetti Squash available. And we are excited to share a little about this fun and versatile squash.
Spaghetti squash is medium sized with an oblong shape, a creamy yellowish skin, and a relatively mild, neutral flavor which makes it a great choice for a fun vegetable substitute for… Yup, you guessed it, Spaghetti. This squash has a unique characteristic that the cooked flesh separates into long strands resembling noodles. So, let’s make a Spaghetti Squash pesto “pasta” bowl!
RECIPE: SPAGHETTI SQUASH “PASTA” WITH PESTO
- Place in the microwave for about 4 minutes to soften so it’s easier to cut
2. Cut lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper or play with other spices for fun
4. Place cut side down and bake for about 40- 45 minutes at 400 degrees
5. After it’s cool enough to handle, scrape inside with a fork and then toss with your favorite sauce and veggies!
This is just one of many fun options to dress up your spaghetti squash. You can simply add a pasta sauce. You could go a Mediterranean direction with some dices tomatoes and feta. Let’s play with our food! Enjoy the cooking and eating your creation!